Patients are asked to provide an insurance card(s) and photo ID at every visit. If your personal information changes, please notify us before your next visit.
Expect a lot of changes to your insurance coverage as our country weathers "health system reform." Help us help you.
PATIENTS’ FINANCIAL POLICY
- Patients need to understand their insurance coverage, which is different for every plan. Every year, insurance companies determine the cost of each medical service (doctors have no control over this!) Your individual policy determines how much the insurance will cover and how much you will have to pay out-of-pocket.
- Patients covered by NYS Worker’s Compensation do not have out-of-pocket expenses, but must provide accurate claim information, learn and follow the WC guidelines, and communicate regularly with their adjustor and employer.
- Patients with High-Deductible Plans: We do our best to get accurate information about the cost of the visit/procedure, the deductible amount and balance in an HSA/FSA from the insurance company. With an HSA/FSA, fees are processed through that account, or patients pay their out-of-pocket fees at the time of service. Otherwise, bills are processed through the insurance company.
- Patients pay any co-payments, deductibles and any other non-covered services on the day of service. Surgical fees are collected at the first postoperative visit. If not paid on the day of service, a $10.00 billing fee is added (not covered by insurance). Special consideration may be extended for unusual circumstances.
- We accept cash, checks, MasterCard and Visa at the front desk or by mail, or credit card information can be called in during business hours. There is a $40 fee for any returned check.
- Billing statements are issued after the insurance carrier pays its portion (this can take a month or more.) Payment is due within 30 days of statement issue. Accounts over 90 days past due will be referred to a collection agency. Fees for the collection agency are added to the balance.
- Patients without insurance, or who have insurance that Dr. Siegrist does not participate with, are required to pay in full at the time of service. Click Here for list of fees.
- For any appointments that are not cancelled or rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance, patients will be charged $25 (not covered by insurance).
- There is a $10 fee for each form that needs to be completed by our staff (disability, FMLA, etc). Payment is the patient’s responsibility, not the insurance company. Please allow 5-7 business days.
- For any questions about billing or your account with us, contact our billing department:Physician Business Solutions at: 585-385-9045, Monday – Friday, 9am - 4pm.Mailing Address: 790 Linden Avenue, Rochester, NY 14625